Thursday, March 25, 2010

Stencils Idea 5 with stitching and fabric



I know I have been blogging about the fabric journal my previous posts are in. Today you get to see the cover. Attached to the edge of the cover is a little tab made from a Grace stencil. All I did was outline it in Sharpie water-based paint pen, stamp it with a polka dot stamp and permanent lime green ink, cut it in half and sew it down. Using different sizes of stencils will create very different tabs. I think I want to try using a stencil the same length as my page and have it run down the entire length of the book. These little tabs could be kept clear, spritzed with spray ink, doodled on, whatever makes your heart happy, and used on as many pages as you would like. What fun! If you would like to buy any of these stencils, you can get them in my daughter Jeane's etsy shop.

1 comment:

  1. Your fabric journal is so cool, makes me want to paint fabric and sew into it! :-) Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete