Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Double Double







Make Mine a Double

What’s more fun than fabric + journals? A Double-Double. It’s time to dust off those machines, Girls! I will be teaching this class on May 1, 2010 at Frenzy Stamper in Scottsdale from 1:30-6:00. You can choose to make a multi color or a black and white fabric cover. You will also pick your own funky envelopes and pages to go inside which will help "make it your own" from the fabric and paper stashes I'll be hauling in to the class. More details should be available at the store soon.
This beauty has three spines, four signatures and is so easy to do, even a beginner could do it. When each double double opens up, it is still all one piece, even though the photos might trick your eyes and make it look like there may be two separate books in each tie. If you can sew an almost straight line, you’re good to go. SEriOuSly. And better yet, all you have to bring is your sewing machine with it’s needles and bobbins and a pair of scissors that can cut fabric ‘cause I will be bringing everything else you need! The ribbon, fabric, thread, paper, tape, secret ingredients, etc. Yes, everything else. If you have no machine, contact me, and we might be able to swing a deal. Everyone in class even gets a little personalized label to sew down on their masterpiece. That’s pretty cool.
After class, you can go home and make more as gifts for those you love and bribes for those who need them.
Optional: If you have a small personal paper cutter to cut paper or a ruler with an edge that you like to use for that torn edge look you may bring either along, but they are absolutely not necessary. Extras just might speed up the paper part.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment, and I'll get back to you.

7 comments:

  1. You are extremely super talented and I love love love love LOVE seeing what you make. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! How do you come up with this stuff? Your talent and creativity are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sign me up Jane - I wouldn't miss it!Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw these in the store today. They are fantastic! Very high drool factor.... The class is so tempting but I get the honor of spending the evening camping outdoors at the zoo with Girl Scouts. Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! I would love to take one of your classes.
    Queen Bee Studio

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished my 6th Double-Double since taking your class a few weeks ago. I have the fabric cut for 2 more! I love doing anything artsy, but these journals have the added benefit of making fabulous gifts. All but my first have been gifts and each person LOVED the the journal made just for them. For anyone considering the class-DO IT!!! You will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete