Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stencils Idea 3 with stitching and fabric



In case you have never heard of a tip in, it is a page that is tipped in or added after a book is already made, thereby adding one more page to a book. That is pretty much what I did today. If you choose to try this, you can do it before hand to look like it was tipped in later, or you can actually do it as described first. Anyway, first I outlined an Olivia stencil with a permanent marker, then I wrote a message, also using a permanent marker. The paper in the first photo doesn't really belong in the book, but I put it there to make reading it easier. The second photo shows a more accurate representation. Last, I drew on a little heart using a Sharpie water-based paint pen and sewed the stencil page down to an existing fabric page that I had embellished with other stitching, ribbon, a photo, a fabric scrap, and some wide lace which extends beyond the edge of the fabric page as an added decoration when the book is closed. If you are interested in getting any of these stencils, visit my daughter Jeane's etsy shop by clicking here.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving what you are doing with these stencils. I never would have thought to use them in these ways or in a fabric book.

    ReplyDelete