Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Have I Mentioned That I Love My Job?



My body is coming down from my Art Unraveled High! I taught four classes, took two, and sold my creations at the shopping extravaganza. Add to that staying up way too late giggling with other artists, teachers, and friends and I. AM. EXHAUSTED!

The art journal that I made to be auctioned off for charity raised an surprising $175.00  in a bidding war, which just makes me so happy because all the proceeds go to a children's art organization. Thanks to all of you who bid and congratulations to Marcy for the last bid, making her the winner!

I sold a record amount of artwork on shopping day, so now I have to get cranking big time for the next show. This is when loving your job, which I do, comes in handy. I had to have a friend with a truck help me get everything for the week over there since it wouldn't all fit in my SUV, but I was happily able to get all the sewing machines, supplies, suitcases, and leftovers from the sale in my vehicle alone to get home, and I could see out of all the windows! I'll bet other drivers were happy for that.

You just never know how inspiring this sort of thing can be until you go and stay. People are just inspiring each other like crazy, making the coolest things, and swapping tales and art. Wow, did I ever come home with some good trades, including my art for other teaching artists' art. Great stuff!
Thanks to all my students who chose my classes, including locals and those who came from all over the United States, and even one who came all the way from Venezuela. You inspired me and I loved working with you, sharing ideas, and learning from you.

To Jane Davies who taught me some tips about making fabric paper that I never tried before when I was doing it, thanks so much.  A lot more of that is going to be made in my studio, for sure.  And to Leighanna Light who taught me how to make birds out of old tins and other odd metal parts, your class was wonderful. Jeane has already lay claim to one of the flock. I have a new appreciation for that muscle type of work,  and it makes me wish I could do them on the sewing machine instead. : )

I am now in the process of finalizing my proposals for next year which are due soon and crossing my fingers to be lucky enough to be selected again from amongst the usual hundreds of proposals that are sent in. Wish me luck!

In the meantime, I have several upcoming classes at Frenzy Stamper which are listed in the sidebar of my blog. I plan to be adding some other classes to at least two other local venues in the upcoming few months as well. Even though I don't exactly know how I got so lucky to have this "job," I am feeling very lucky!

Photos for the Flowered, Upscaled Quilt and Doily Book


 



Photos for  The 10 of Hearts ATC Swap Book


Photos for The Double Double






1 comment:

  1. Good day! I would like to remark the fact that you really have built a stunning domain. I also wanted to ask you something that is connected with this blog. Did you participate in some sort of competitions between bloggers?

    ReplyDelete