Thursday, August 23, 2012

What's New?

Well, lotsa stuff, really.

First, I am happy to report that I am now a CZT, a Certified Zentangle® Teacher. My trip to Providence was fabulous, not only to be certified, but all the new learning and making new friends, some of whom live not so far away. It's funny how a trip cross country can introduce you to someone in your own "back yard!" I am working out the details of getting my classes set up and will post them on my blog, when I have that finalized. I will also be available for classes, home party style. If you are interested in that, send me an email at janeeileen@hotmail.com. 

I am also in the process of updating my etsy shop to include additional items. This afternoon, I will be working on getting in more of my fabric journals in a variety of sizes and styles. Selling at Art Unraveled happily : ) wiped out lots of my stock, so I have been trying to catch up since then and get more things listed. I put my new artists' clean up cloths in there yesterday. I got tired of buying baby wipes over and over again and seeing how quickly they dry out, so I set to work on a solution. The cloths are 100% cotton, can be kept moist in a little dish while you are painting and gluing, and getting all kinds of goopy. You just keep your hands wiped as  you go, and this eliminates the need to be standing at the sink forever trying to get everything off. Because they are 100% cotton and hand crocheted (by me) resulting in a lot of texture, all the artists that field tested them have come back with the same report: they love them. At last, but not least, Mother Nature loves them too, becuase at the end of creative time, you rinse them and reuse them. Since they stay wet while you use them, rinsing them is a breeze. They are also machine washable and dryable! janeeileen.etsy.com





 
And speaking of getting paint and goop on your hands, exciting news indeed! Kelly Kilmer is coming back to Frenzy Stamper in Scottsdale SOON, and she is breaking out the paint. Paint we haven't used before!!! Yes, really! So gorgeous, if you are like me, you will want to eat the pages. And that's not all. She has several other new classes on journal making, lettering and an amazing book whose pages fold out in lots of different directions. I got a sneak peek earlier this month, and can't get it out of my head. Go here: kellykilmer.blogspot.com for more details, pictures and everything you always wanted to know. Tell her I sent 'cha.

1 comment:

  1. I can't rave enough about your artist's clean-up cloths!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!
    Kudos on all of your new artwork. You're amazing!

    Thanks for the kind words on my classes at Frenzy. I'm really looking forward to it! You know how much I LOVE teaching there!

    ReplyDelete