Sunday, April 5, 2009

Catching Up - Chunky Books

Our first chunky book in Penney's invitational group was The Wizard of Oz, and I chose the ruby red slippers for my page because my oldest granddaughter has her very own ruby red slippers. She is not even two, but just you try to sneak anything on that child's feet that she isn't planning on wearing that day. The girl knows her shoes. Dorothy was wearing a blue gingham dress at the time she was given her ruby red slippers, so she had on blue socks. My daughter, Jeane, and I had a lot of fun making our Dorothy look alike pose for this photo.
Stephanie, one of the group members made this Oz house for me as a hostess gift, and she gave me permission to post it here. Isn't it amazing?
This is my page for our second book: Sewing

These are samples of what I made for Altered Cards book in Penney's group, our third book. Everyone who participates is working on a different type card. I signed up for flashcards, and the result is here. The transparency that I sewed on top has the same stamp as the flash card, but I set it off so the one on the flash card looks like a shadow. Shadows don't often show on rainy days, so I thought it would be a fun look. If you can't see the shadows of Umbrella Man, click on the photo, and it will switch to a larger size that is easy for you to see it.

6 comments:

  1. arthouse577@sbcglobal.netApril 5, 2009 at 7:48 PM

    Hi Jane, thanks for visiting my blog and for the nice words. I love you stuff as well, I see you like to paint too! And make journals!I also have super cool great Grandkids, on the cover of my Fear No Color journal the feet of the figure are my GrandDaughters. Are you coming to fiberfest? I will be happy to meet you.
    Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. arthouse577@sbcglobal.netApril 5, 2009 at 7:53 PM

    Hi again Jane, now that you mention it, I think I might have posted my process backwards!
    Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ruby red feet are some of the cutest we've ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the feet!!! Too cute!
    Your work is yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete