Ok, enough of all that rambling. Thrift Shop Makeover is full of lots of things I found at thrift shops and thought would look good in a journal, including a lot of the paper, some of which is recycled pages from books I took apart, just for images and such.
I will be teaching a class on this soon. Here are the details:
Thrift Shop Makeover at Frenzy Stamper in Scottsdale, AZ You can contact me, or call the store to register. 480.946.0007 Sat. Aug. 17, 2013 9:30- 4:30 with lunch break
The sample is scheduled to be at the store by Tuesday afternoon, June 18.
Student Supply List - Required:
• scissors for paper
• favorite glue or adhesive
• 2 or more pens that write on top of paint, such as Sharpie paint markers, in favorite colors
• 1 sponge brush about 1” AND 1 bristle brush, about 1/2” flat OR round about size 6
• 1 or more juicy stamp pads, your color choices
Student Supply List - OPTIONAL:
• sewing machine ONLY if you want to sew some pages instead of gluing them all
(You may rent a machine for $5. for the day, if you do so when you sign up.)
• thread if you will be sewing, any colors
• a few favorite rubber stamps or just use Jane’s
• personal paper cutter or metal edge ruler to tear paper if you don’t want to wait to share
• hole punch, standard size, if you don’t want to wait to share
• corner rounder if you prefer rounded corners on pages or tags and don’t want to wait to share
• marker(s) or pens of your choice if you want to draw, doodle, or tangle in your book in class- The focus will not be on Zentangle, but IF there is time, I can show you a few tangle patterns.
Items Included in the $60. Class Fee:
• step by step in person instruction on how to do the pages and cover
• thrift shop binder - These will be different sizes and colors with different features (pockets, pencil tabs, zippers, etc. but all will be loose leaf and smaller than standard notebook size, some new and some are not, but all in good shape! ) The one in the photo is about 8x9 inches.
• gesso, if needed for your binder you select from the options provided
• acrylic paint
• stencils and print making tools for paint
• file folders and paper in a plethora of varieties (graphics, graph, ledger, computer, primary, scrapbook, etc.) 40 pieces which will make 80 or more pages and spice up some of the other pages
• transparent page
• mini ATC holder pages
• tabs, tags, pockets, folders, etc. from the thrift shop and Jane's stash
• ALL OTHER items necessary to complete your masterpiece - Who knows? I may come across more good finds before then!