Sunday, June 7, 2009

Funky Fabric Journal of Hidden Spaces






So while Helen was over today making her first journal, I sat across the table and worked on a book for a class I might do this summer. There is room on every page spread plus the back cover to write on the fabric and/or pages, making it a real write in/on book. What you may not be able to tell in the photos is that the pages are sew together back to back on the bottom and sides but not the top which leaves a pocker, so more goodies like photos or other evidence can be added to this book. I would love to hear what you think about it. My blog does take anonymous comments, so you don't have to leave your name. I have taken the photos twice and am not entirely happy with them or my camera skills, but at least you can get an idea. And for any newbies our there ( I Love newbies!!!) if you click on a photo, you can get a closer up look at any page.

6 comments:

  1. SIGN ME UP! I would love to take such a class from you, Jane. So clever to make the pages top-loading pockets. Fun details. This is just cute as a button. Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this book absolutely delightful. Love all the secret and not so secret pockets and buttons and the front and the back! Terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane, I think it's a great idea to leave the top of the pages open. I do love your book.I met you at Alisa's online graffiti chic class, are you still doing graffiti painting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another beautiful journal you do them so well. They are works of art in their own right. I love the background fabric it goes so well with everything. Thanks for your visit too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you work. This is an amazing piece. My daughter's name is Jane, as is my middle name...great to find your blog. I'll return, thank you so much for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just delightful! Love the colors & textures.

    ReplyDelete